The Nadia A. and Robert W. Tyson Study Abroad Fund provides support for undergraduate civil and environmental engineering students who plan to participate in a Georgia Tech-organized study abroad program or have arranged for an internship abroad. The Tysons particularly want to fund students planning to spend an entire semester or academic term overseas.
Only undergraduate students in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering are eligible. Students must be U.S. citizens, and they should participate in one of the campus organizations below:
- Baptist Student Union
- Catholic Center
- Episcopal Campus Ministries
- Lutheran Campus Ministries
- Wesley Foundation
- A completed application with an itemized budget of expected expenditures
- An essay detailing specific study abroad or work plans and the expected outcomes of the experience
- If applicable, proof of the internship, such as a letter of support or offer letter.
- A final report that provides details about the study abroad or work experience along with photos. Reports are due 30 days after the completion of your internship or study abroad semester.
Please Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
- Applications for spring semester funding are due October 1.
- Applications for summer semester funding are due March 1.
- Applications for fall semester funding are due June 1.
Application review generally takes four weeks from the deadline, so you should expect decisions early the following month.
Once completed, application packages must be emailed as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Tyson Study Abroad Fund Application in the subject line.