- Ph.D., Department of Geological Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Columbia University, 1995.
- M.S., Applied Geophysics, Graduate School of Engineering, Columbia University , 1985.
- B.S., Physics, Columbia University, Columbia University, 1983.
Dr. Marc Stieglitz is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. He earned his BA in physics from Columbia College of Columbia University and shortly thereafter earned an MS in applied geophysics from the Henry Krumb School of Mines at Columbia University. After spending several years in industry, Dr Stieglitz earned a Ph.D. in hydrology at Columbia's Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory. He was as NOAA Global Change Post-doctoral Fellow at The Ecosystem Center of the Marine Biological Laboratory. From 1996 through 2003 Dr. Stieglitz was a Doherty Associate Research Scientist at Columbia's Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory. He joined the faculty of Georgia Institute of Technology in 2003. His research interests lie in hydrology, scale issues in hydrology, and in particular, Dr. Stieglitz works at the interface between hydrology, biology and biogeochemistry.
- 2004 CETL Class of '69 Teaching Fellows
- NOAA Global Climate Change Fellowship, July 1995 – June 1997
- AMOCO Foundation Fellowship, 1984 – 1985
- Patil, S., Gu Y., Dias F.S.A., Stieglitz M., and Turk G., 2017, Predicting the spectral information of future land cover using machine learning, In revision (minor revisions), International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Patil, S. and Stieglitz, M., 2015, Comparing spatial and temporal transferability of hydrological model parameters, Journal of Hydrology 525, 409-417
- McClelland J.W., Townsend‐Small A., Holmes R.M., Pan F., Stieglitz M., Khosh M., Peterson B.J., 2014, River export of nutrients and organic matter from the North Slope of Alaska to the Beaufort Sea, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2013WR014722
- Patil, S. and Stieglitz, M., 2014, Modeling daily streamflow at ungauged catchments: What information is necessary? Hydrological Processes, 28 (3), 1159-1169, doi: 10.1002/hyp.9660
- Abdelnour A., R. B. McKane, M. Stieglitz, F. Pan, and Y. Cheng, 2013, Effects of Fire and Harvest on Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics in a Pacific Northwest Forest Catchment, Water Resources Research, doi:10.1029/2012WR012994
- George W Kling, Heather E Adams, Neil D Bettez, William B Bowden, Byron C Crump, Anne E Giblin, Kristin E Judd, Katy Keller, George W Kipphut, Edward R Rastetter, Gaius R Shaver, Marc Stieglitz, April 2014, Alaska's Changing Arctic: Ecological Consequences for Tundra, Streams, and Lakes (Long-Term Ecological Research Network), Edited by John Hobbie and George W Kling, 352 pages, Oxford University Press
- Patil, S. and M Stieglitz, accepted in HS2.3.12 , Comparing spatial and temporal transferability of hydrological model parameters, European European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, April 2015
- Sant’Anna Dias, S. Patil, Y. Gu, *Y. Agarwalla, *Y. Cheng, *S. Patil, M. Stieglitz, G. Turk, accepted in TS3.1/GM3.4, Rendering Future Vegetation Change across Large Regions of the US, European European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, April 2015
- Sant’Anna Dias, S. Patil. Gu, *Y. Agarwalla, *Y. Cheng, *S. Patil, M. Stieglitz, G. Turk, Rendering Future Vegetation Change across Large Regions of the US, American and Canadian Geophysical Union Joint Assembly, Montreal, Canada, May, 2015
- M Stieglitz, Y Cheng, G Turk, V Engel, J Ross, The influence of topography and vegetation self-organization over resource fluxes in wetland ecosystems, European European Geosciences Union General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, April 2014
- McKane R., Abdelnour A., Brookes A., Djang K., Stieglitz M., Pan F., Bolte J., Papenfus M., Burdick C., An Eco-hydrologic Modeling Framework for Assessing Ecosystems Services Trade-offs in Response to Alternative Land Use Scenarios (invited), AGU Fall Meeting 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Invited Speaker, Purdue University, Indiana, November 29, 2011
- Invited Speaker, Florida International University, Florida, September 22, 2011
- Invited speaker, University of Pennsylvania, February 7, 2011
- Invited Speaker,,Institute of Earth Sciences, The Hebrew University, Givat-Ram, Jerusalem, Israel, June 17, 2009
- Invited Speaker, The Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University, Sede Boqer Campus, Israel, June 15, 2009