Our BSEnvE program prepares students to address our world’s emerging environmental issues — sustainable use of natural resources, human health, environmental restoration. You’ll develop a foundation in chemistry, biology, physics and math and then turn toward advanced engineering topics in the final two years of study.
The program is designed for flexibility so you can create a sequence of courses and electives to meet your educational and career goals while also completing a comprehensive curriculum. The fourth year of your studies will be all electives, so you can choose to focus on biological processes, sustainability, air pollution, or water resources.
Already know you’re interested in a master’s degree? Consider the BS/MS degree program, where you can start taking graduate courses in your fourth year and earn both degrees in five years. We also offer tons of opportunities to study abroad, co-op or work on research as an undergraduate.
The BSEnvE program requires 66 semester hours of coursework, including
- 32 hours of core CEE classes
- 10 hours of chemistry, earth processes and thermodynamics courses
- one of four environmental engineering technical electives
- 12 hours of other technical electives focusing on biological processes, sustainability, air pollution, or water resources
- a design elective
- 6 hours of other approved electives.